J-1 Visas in Alaska
If you want to obtain a J-1 Visa Waiver in Alaska, here’s what you need to do:
- Start your job search about 18 months prior to when you want to start working.
- Find a job at an eligible J-1 site in our state. You can search for J-1 eligible jobs on 3RNET. Start your J-1 job search in Alaska now.
- Connect with the J-1 contact to ask questions and learn about additional steps you may need to take.
To request a State of Alaska Conrad 30 J-1 Visa Waiver recommendation letter, candidates generally need to:
- Apply for a J-1 Visa waiver through the U.S. Department of State;
- Get a waiver review case number from U.S. Department of State;
- Secure an employment contract with a medical facility, signed by the candidate and the head of the facility, to provide patient care for at least 40 hours per week for a 3-year term;
- Send required information to: Alaska Department of Health and Social Services; 3601 C Street, Suite 424; Anchorage, AK 99503
J-1 Visa Contact in Alaska:
State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, Section of Rural & Community Health System